Sunday, October 5, 2008

IEOP MeetUp

So one of the moms at preschool told me about a food co-op in Redlands called Inland Empire Organic Produce Buying Club. It is really cool. This past Saturday was my first time attending. I was so interested that I volunteered to help set up that morning.  Seriously I was so excited it felt like Christmas morning. What I love most is that I get about 90% of what I normally would eat and 10% of new things to try. Plus I get to support our local growers and know that my food is coming from a safe place. I can't thank the organizer Alexis enough for working so hard to make it happen.  If you want more information on the group or want to join, just click on the link above. 

So here is what our share looked like. Not bad for $22.00.


The Napa Cabbage was HUGE, see the comparison.


Ahhh, look at the little Cabbage Patch Kids :)

4 Happy Thoughts:

Nola said...

This sound really interesting. I love the idea, getting fresh, local produce. Keep us informed about how this goes. When life gets back to normal I think that I would interested in joining.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for telling me about this and showing what your share was because I'm definately going to sign up this week. It's an amazing deal for what you get especially organic. I'm excited to be able to keep our organic lifestyle within a smaller budget. Thanks so much really thanks a lot!

Adrienne said...

That looks fantastic, I love the fact that you know your food came from nearby and not the other side of the world.

Unknown said...

Wow...look at all those vegetables. Unfortunately, I'm a meatatarian. You know...i only eat meat, beef, bacon. you know...meatatarian..it's a personal choice....you have to commit to it. ;)